|創作者 ||TheCompleteAnimorph, |
|-||[ 應創作者要求不張貼 ]|
|[ 應創作者要求不張貼 ]|
- Arcana dragons are coated in dense, well-insulating feathers, with some spots overgrown with fluffy down.
- Arcanae are surprisingly flexible dragons that are just barely small enough to wriggle through doorways intended for humans.
- The large decorative crests on an Arcana’s head, aside from the horns, are entirely made of stiff feathers and spring back into shape if pressed down.
- Arcana dragons are extremely colorful, with gradiented stripes running up their sides from their bright underbellies.
- Arcanae have eyes in various shades of orange, yellow, or green, with pupils similar to a cat’s.
- While Arcana wings appear bare, the surface is covered in subtle, fine feathers that stifle the sound made when their wings flap.
- The gem-like spots on an Arcana’s forehead and chest are in fact crystallized mana, and vary in sheen and color somewhat but tend to be heavily tinged red from trace amounts of the dragon’s blood.
- The feathers that grow in after adolescence are iridescent, and this contributes to the breed’s vivid coloration.
- Arcana hatchlings are plainer in patterning, and hatch relatively well-developed, able to move around within hours.
- They are curious from a very early age, but tend to depend heavily on a parent or caretaker emotionally.
- Arcana hatchlings will often chew on magical items, as they instinctively crave mana.
- As these dragons enter adolescence and their wings develop to full size, they have usually already begun to pick up the use of magic.
- Arcana hatchlings deprived of mana and magical knowledge all the way into adolescence tend to have subdued personalities and be anxious and awkward as adults, with somewhat dulled coloration.
- Arcana dragons that have been exposed to magic are almost universally obsessed with the study of magic, even if they weren’t raised around their own breed.
- Arcanae constantly research new uses for magic, and will happily trade knowledge with other dragons, other breeds, and even human mages.
- Arcana dragons are aware of, and quite wary of, large predatory breeds of dragon, particularly those that target mana-heavy prey.
- These dragons are known to live near human settlements, due in part to their propensity to nest in abandoned barns and houses.
- Arcanae are decent parents, albeit a bit scatterbrained, but they do an excellent job of imparting their extreme enthusiasm to their offspring.
- Arcanae are known to occasionally cause incidents out of purely well-intentioned magical study, as they can be a bit careless when it comes to the consequences of their actions.
- When Arcanae seek mates, they seek out dragons with a compatible personality and, as a secondary factor, a flashy head crest.
- This has led to the occasional Arcana attempting to court a human mage with an ostentatious pointed hat.
- Arcana dragons like to nest in abandoned structures, or otherwise enclosed spaces that they can only barely fit into at adult size.
- An Arcana’s lair is equal parts nest for sleeping and raising offspring, storage, and magical laboratory. They tend to be somewhat cramped and extremely cluttered.
- They can be found in all sorts of climates, with versatile insulation keeping them cool in hot climates and warm in the cold.
- Arcana dragons are not particularly territorial, but they will drive Cassares away from their lairs with traps and physical violence.
- Arcanae do have a preference for nesting sites near clean water, but this is no guarantee of their presence or absence.
- Arcana hatchlings are most often found in or near Arcana nests, and so they have been sighted anywhere from deserts to mountains.
- Arcana dragons will often deliberately encourage the growth of magical flora around their lairs, whatever is able to grow in their chosen environment.
- It is not unusual for the presence of Arcana dragons to slowly reshape the area in which they live to be stranger and far more magical, simply incidentally.
- Arcana dragons are omnivorous, and will eat just about anything.
- Arcanae are highly resistant to most poisons, including magical toxins, and are fully capable of absorbing and storing mana found in food items.
- Arcana dragons are extremely tempted by sweets, as well as any food containing mana.
- Arcanae rarely actively hunt, preferring to set traps if they can’t scavenge enough meat.
- It is exceptionally rare for an Arcana to harm another living dragon, as they prefer to avoid putting themselves in danger, but they will gleefully scavenge mana-heavy dragon corpses.
- Arcana hatchlings tend to get rather sickly without any mana in their diet.
- Arcana dragons that live near human settlements will often try to trade the use of their skills for prepared foods, particularly in early autumn.
- They may also attempt to prepare food in an imitation of human cooking, but due to their poison resistance and extremely broad tastes, without human guidance their creations tend to only be suited for dragons.
- 新品種一般只是'可愛的魔女'。夢妖魔的美術是'可愛魔女'、Mystik Belle的主角是、霧雨魔理沙也是，而阿爾克那龍的設計應該適用於這些的原形，而不是直接引用任何一個角色。
- 龍名、敘述中文翻譯：Requiem of Night網誌管理員Ariz