- The flower-like structures on their heads, necks, and tails contain ducts which omit sweet-smelling pheromones.
- The marginal coverts on the topsides of their wings are covered by another petal-like membrane.
- A Floret's skin is soft and poorly-armored, but not a major liability thanks to accelerated healing, .
- Though they may appear to be scaleless, Florets' bodies are actually coated in very tiny, slightly iridescent scales.
- Tend to follow their parents closely so as to learn as much as they can from their elders.
- Quick learners, Floret hatchlings love being taught and participating in new games and challenges.
- Young Florets are far more trusting than their adult counterparts, and thus easier to form bonds with.
- However, it can be much harder to gain a Floret's forgiveness if it is wronged as a hatchling.
- The soothing, floral aroma they emit contributes to their calming abilities.
- Their flowery pheromones are especially effective on magic-resistant breeds.
- Averse to conflict, they tend to have low opinions of some of the more aggressive breeds.
- Occasionally, many of the Florets in a region will gather to exchange newly-accumulated observations about the world. *These are usually the only times wild Florets stray from the flowerbeds they match.
- Although quite proficient in understanding of magic, they are limited in their magical capabilities.
- Florets are able to heal remarkably quickly, likely resulting from some sort of innate magic.
- They enjoy wading through freshwater to keep themselves clean and presentable.
- In spite of (or perhaps because of) their intellectual nature, Florets tend to have a rather high opinion of themselves, and are rather easy to offend.
- They make their homes close to floral meadows, especially those that contain irises, their favorite flowers.
- Individuals' colorations tend to match the flower composition of the area.
- Florets tend to live in caves, though they will sometimes construct basic shelters against trees if they like a cave-less area enough.
- A Floret's molted feathers can typically be found around where they live. Both for their beauty and for the lingering effects of a Floret's soothing magic, these feathers are often collected by humans and made into accessories.
- Omnivorous, their diet consists of florae and small animals.
- They tend to prefer vegetation, snacking on meat only when they have a specific craving.
- They occasionally splurge on larger animals, but only if they happen upon a recently-deceased carcass; they never make the kill themselves, unless it is necessary.
- If a Floret is forced to fight and it leaves its opponent mortally wounded, the dragon will make sure that its fallen enemy's remains are put to good use.
- "Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It seems to always be in a good mood.
- [Sub-Quote: (...Between the description, name, and beautiful purple color scheme, I almost wonder if these were originally a Valentine submission that got repurposed!) ]
I've talked about it in the unofficial discord a bit, but yes, they were! Originally, the purple female was the only adult sprite, and the gold variant was my spriter alt. They were intended to be a male-only breed for 2015's Valentine's Day. After they didn't get picked, Play and I repurposed them into a regular breed and added dimorphism, using my alt color scheme as a second variant. Since then, we've revised and cleaned up the sprites, and now here we are with a release, 3 years later c:
- 龍名、敘述等中文翻譯：Requiem of Night網誌管理員Ariz