|Release Date||December 25, 2012|
|Elemental Affinity||Life |
|Base Rarity||Limited release|
|Color||Red, green, white|
Wrapping-Wings, or Holiday 2012 Dragons, are the all-male Holiday dragon released during the Holidays of 2012. As a limited-release dragon, they are only capable of producing more Wrapping-Wing eggs during a brief period when the Holidays are celebrated in December. They can still be bred to all year round, producing the female's breed of egg. Each scroll is limited to 2 cave-born dragons of this breed, like all other Holiday dragons.
Under the legacy breed sort, these dragons sort as "Christmas 2012 Dragon" on a user's scroll. As of August 14, 2016, they sort using their Encyclopedia name of "Holiday Dragon (2012)".
Official Dragon DescriptionsEdit
"This egg has a rich, shiny pattern on it."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It's very festively colored."
"Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It’s very festively colored. And look! It has grown wings! It must be close to maturing."
"Holiday dragons are a very mysterious breed. They are only seen during winter, and even then it is hard to catch a glimpse of one. They are responsible for the general cheer that spreads during the holidays. In essence, they are the “Spirits of Winter.”"
|Male only breed|
Sprites No Longer In-UseEdit
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
- Only males of this breed seem to appear.
- They have large wings compared to most dragons and are skilled fliers.
- The horns curl inwards at the tips and curl more with age.
- Their scales clink lightly as they move and it sounds like ice hitting ice.
- They have ice breath that they use to stun prey or decorate things
- Can can also use fire breath, but is it only used for sculpting ice and cooking.
- Their front feet have thumbs and work well for small, delicate tasks like decorating or caring for special things.
- Their eyes are opalescent—like their scales—and have split pupils.
- They are fond of baked goods like cookies an pies and can gain weight quickly because of it.
- In the wild they like to chase songbirds. Then eat them.
- They tolerate heat much better when they are younger.
- They enjoy belly rubs.
- They adore the first snowfall, almost going a hyper crazy when it happens.
- They will completely bury themselves and hide in the snow before their wings grow in.
- They will chew on their claws to dull them to avoid hurting playmates.
- Their calls sound more like a ‘boo’, ‘baw’, or ‘za’s then growls.
- They have excellent memories. They can memories entire novels worth of information perfectly.
- They are more then happy to care for hatchlings of any breed. Even non dragons like drakes and dinos.
- If raised from hatching, they may grudgingly pull a sleigh for you.
- During the holiday season, they decorate their territories to attract mates using ice and decorations they find and make.
- They give low growls when displeased, but can also make higher ones when happy.
- With both humans and other dragons, they will sleep next to them bring them blankets to help them sleep. They never, ever attack sleeping prey.
- They are uninterested with gold and jewels and find things that took great effort to make more valuable—like fine fabric and carvings.
- They have a strange fascination with strawberries and watermelons. Not with eating them, but with how they look.
- They usually hunt fowl in the wild but eat any kind of meat that is prepared.
- Ones rasied by humans seem to undertand the basics of cooking and baking.
- Of all meats they seem less interested in seafood, particularly crustaceans, but it varys from dragon to dragon.
- They become less fond of sweets as they age but will often still like sweets as adults.
- They almost always bring food as offerings when entering another dragon’s den
- They will chew or suck on things they like the taste of to enjoy it longer. They will chew on stew bones for hours for the flavor alone.
- They will freeze autumn fruits to preserve them and will eat them in winter.
- They can and will drink fermenting fruit if they find it. This is a bad things as they can’t steer when flying like this.
- During the Holiday Raffle of 2012, one of the Honorable Mention winners asked for a CB Wrapping-Wing as their prize.
- The spriter originally had intentions of recoloring and making a minor change to the patterns of Wrapping-Wings if they didn't get accepted as a Holiday submission, and submitting them as 'Patterned Dragons'.
- Name: Wrapping-Wing Dragons (Although I do like strawberries )
Personality: They are usually old fashioned and can be serious at times, but are proud and almost always well intentioned. They are also widely known for being extremely fussy. They also love tending to hatchling and telling them stories.
Mating habits: During the holiday season, they decorate their territories to attract mates. Trees, caves, and other things in the territory will be decorated. If you live in a Wrapping-Wing’s territory, your house will be decorated whether you want it or not. Afterwards, they will fuss with their display until they are absolutely convinced it is perfect.
When Wrapping-Wing live in neighbouring territories, they will bicker over who has the best display. They will often break out into small fights consisting of small, quick slaps to each other’s faces with their wings. They don’t actually hurt each other and it’s more comical than anything else.
Breath weapon: Ice breath, but isn’t very powerful. It mostly just frosts things. It’s good for stunning prey, but it’s mostly used for decorating things.
Size: Very large, usually ranging between a tiger and a polar bear. You could probably ride them, but they probably wouldn’t let you. However, you could probably talk them into pulling you around in a sleigh.
Diet: These dragons probably have the most human like-diet of all dragons. If you’d let them, they would happily sit at your table and eat Christmas dinner with you. In the winter they usually hunt wild turkey and quails (using their magic to heat the meat before eating) and usually eat fruit in the summer. However, they can be very picky eaters and would rather go without dinner then eat something they don’t like. It is unheard of a Wrapping-Wing to eat meat cold.
Wings: Every few years, these dragons grow an extra wing digit. The pattern on the skin depends on the health of the dragon thought the growing period. The brighter and more intricate the pattern, the healthier the dragon was. Each dragon’s patterns are slightly different so they use them to tell each other apart.
If there are any questions about the breed, feel free to ask. I'm sorry if it takes some time to answer, though.