|Release Date||April 22, 2009|
|Elemental Affinity||Neutral |
Official Dragon Descriptions[edit | edit source]
Egg[edit | edit source]
"This egg shakes from time to time, as if it is eager to hatch."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It is so full of energy that you have a hard time keeping up with it."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It is so full of energy that you have a hard time keeping up with it.
And look! It's grown its wings! It must be close to maturing."
Adult[edit | edit source]
"Feisty and energetic, whiptail dragons pride themselves on their speed and agility. It is not unusual to see several whiptails racing each other. Though fragile, they can easily evade attacks with their superior speed, and often use their long tails as a weapon, giving rise to their name."
Sprite Artist(s)[edit | edit source]
Sprites[edit | edit source]
Sprites No Longer In-Use[edit | edit source]
|Temporary Holiday Sprites|
|Old Dead Egg
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
Encyclopedia Entry[edit | edit source]
- Long, flexible tail acts as a weapon and as a rudder-like steering mechanism.
- Capable of making sudden, sharp turns at top speed due to the movement of their tails while running.
- Brown with horizontal light blue markings all down their body.
- Retractable claws used mostly for picking apart meat to eat.
- Two short, straight horns on their head.
- Capable of flight with their wings but mostly use them to gain extra speed and lift over obstances while sprinting.
- Hatchlings have no sign of wings until they are closer to adulthood.
- Adult and hatchling tails are longer than their bodies.
- Stay in near constant motion, even twitching as if they’re running in their sleep.
- Playful, always attempting to drag others into their races.
- Friendly and trusting.
- Will bolt at the first sign of trouble or danger.
- Curious hatchlings may return to dangerous scenes to check if they have become safe.
- Clumsy when newly hatched but quickly learn how to balance shortly after hatching.
- Tail starts off as a defensive weapon, only used offensively by adults.
- Communicate their emotions through a variety of squeaks.
- Grow bolder as they grow older.
- Daring and afraid of very little.
- Capable fighters, they do not seek out violence.
- Among, if not the, fastest of land animals, capable of reaching their top speed in mere seconds.
- Competent fliers but prefer to keep their feet on the ground.
- Speed is useful for hunting as well as racing.
- Work together well in a clan, hunting and defending their group in small teams.
- Build nests within the forest where they are better camouflaged.
- Settle down near open spaces where they can easily rest.
- Hatchlings practice using their tail to steer through forested areas.
- Adults prefer open spaces to race due to the length of their tail.
- Hatchlings eat a fair mix of meat and fruit to get the nutrients they need.
- Require less fruit as they grow older, consuming only meat once they reach adulthood.
- Hunt medium to large animals.
- Eat mostly mammals.
- Hatchlings get first pick of fresh kills.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On May 5, 2013, the Whiptail dragon received an update to the adult sprite due to the spriter's request.