|Water Walker Dragon|
|Release Date||August 25, 2009|
|Elemental Affinity||Water |
|Color||Green, brown, blue|
|Spriters ||Vicats, |
Official Dragon DescriptionsEdit
"This egg seems to be floating on a puddle."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It has long toes, and likes to wander around on lily pads."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It has long toes, and likes to wander around on lily pads.
And look! Its toes have grown longer and developed webbing! It must be close to maturing."
"Water walkers are small dragons that are frequently found around bogs and ponds. While they are flightless, they retain the flight sacs and hollow bones of their airborne cousins. These traits, coupled with their extraordinarily long, webbed toes, allow them to stand on top of calm waters, using their small sails to propel them wherever they please. They spend the majority of their lives on the water, retreating to the tops of lily pads when the waters become too rough to float atop."
|Water Walker Dragon
Sprites No Longer In-UseEdit
|Temporary Holiday Sprites|
|Old Dead Egg
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
- Capable of rapid bursts of speed using powerful legs and potentially magic.
- Body coloration provides quality camoflage from predatory dragons, crocodilians, and humans.
- Wings have evolved into small sails, allowing them to traverse the water effortlessly.
- Long, powerful tail may aid in steering.
- Very bouyant owing to various morphological adaptations, although they may take action to submerge if necessary.
- Strong, powerful swimmers underwater. May hold breath for up to an hour.
- Makes deep, low-frequency noises by forcing air through its crest.
- Blue eyes coated with same hydrophobic membrane on feet and sail, protecting it from irritation, infection, and allowing them to see underwater.
- Newborns require protection until capable of maneuvering on own.
- Fun loving and curious.
- Very active as hatchlings, zipping around everywhere with ease.
- Flock behind their mothers until they reach maturity.
- Must be careful not to make themselves a target for predators. Very young hatchlings are susceptible to raptors, canids, and large snakes in addition to regulator predators of adults.
- Will sleep together on water lillies or other floating objects like tree trunks or Shallow Water Dragons.
- Adults display a tranquil temperament. Very docile with humans.
- Quiet in their movements, but noisy if one knows what to listen for.
- May communicate over large distances or may distinguish oneself from a large group with sound.
- Engage in elaborate courtship ritual “dance” more akin to figure skating.
- Build nest out of sturdy, thick vegetation in concealed area within reeds.
- Both parents watch over hatchlings, but mother takes a commanding role.
- Common in calm, healthy bodies of freshwater.
- Prefer ponds, bogs, wetlands, lakes, and lagoons, as the water is often very slow moving.
- May occasionally be sighted on streams, rivers, and bays where the water is flowing less quickly.
- An important indicator of water quality and ecosystem health.
- Does not tolerate polution, especially as to not damage the membranes.of its feet, eyes, and sails.
- Salt irritates their membranes as well, so rarely found in brackish or salt water.
- Omnivorous, but primarily eat plants.
- Will pick lillies, lotuses, water hyacinths, duckweed, algae, liverworts, and other aquatic plants off the surface of the water.
- Will dive under the surface for reeds and roots on the muddy floor.
- If hungry and given the opportunity, will take fish, crayfish, worms, snails, frogs, salamanders, and small snakes in the water.
- May eat fruit or nuts that fall or are washed into the water from treetops lining the shore.
- Have thick, grinding teeth that allows them to crush their food.
- Smelly gas produced from digesting fiber-rich foods contributes to bouyancy further.
- While submerging, will flatulate if possible.
- During the "Dimorphism" change on March 26, 2010, the Water Walker was one of the few dragons to receive just an updated adult sprite.