The Bite action allows them to create Vampire eggs from standard dragon eggs once every 31 days. Since "The Change" in December 2010, Vampires display a "bitten by" link on their view page which links to the dragon that transformed them. As of May 21, 2017, Vampire progeny lists can now be found by a new link added to the word "Bitten" on original Vampires' view pages.
This egg is stone cold and smells rotten.
This hatchling appears to be... dead?
This hatchling appears to be... dead?
Perhaps not. It seems to be active during the night.
Vampire Dragons are members of the undead. They sustain themselves by drinking the blood of others. It is said that they are only “alive” at night, and seem dead or asleep during the day, as they cannot endure sunlight for long periods of time. Vampire Dragons can only reproduce by changing the eggs of other dragons, puncturing the shell with their fangs and injecting venom that kills the baby inside.
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
|Temporary Holiday Sprites|
|Old Dead Egg
- Emanciated chest and stomach area.
- Muscular limbs with large, bloody claws.
- Sharp fangs that nearly always pool with venom when not covered in blood.
- Small spikes down the back of the males.
- Very powerful gripping strength in their claws.
- Play possum during the day to ward off predators.
- Secrete a noxious smell which makes carrion lose their appetite.
- Wake at night to feast on the blood of sleeping animals like adult vampire dragons do.
- Jaws are as flexible as a snake’s and can close rapidly, giving them room to bite large animals as well as a jaw strength capable of cutting through the jugular vein.
- Capable of defending themselves but prefer not to fight in order to preserve energy.
- Have very large olfactory bulbs and can smell animals miles away.
- Reproduce parasitically by converting the eggs of other breeds.
- Usually stretch their wings once a night.
- Unique hearing allows them to hear an animal’s heartbeat if they are close enough.
- Hearing also lets them detect if an animal is not yet alseep or is about to wake up.
- Feeding venom contains a sedative for their prey.
- Live in areas of little sunlight.
- Sunlight can be fatal.
- Can live anywhere there is prey.
- Sustained on the blood of other animals.
- Cannot stomach meat or other solid foods.
- Under the legacy breed sort, Vampire dragons were the only Halloween breed to be sorted by their actual name on a user's scroll as opposed to "Halloween Dragon [Year]".
- Vampire Dragons did not appear in Dragon Cave generated incubators, a joke based on the idea that vampires cannot be seen in photographs or in mirrors.
- Upon release, their introductory text in Saurian read as follows:
- "Adlujaed ev olac
Ketu0 ed edo ev kxo tuhbojk ev tu0j, jkhudwo olodkj uho xuffodadw. Oloh0 oww ad kxo sulo joomj ke xulo rood hofcusot nakx kxaj don, jadajkoh rhoot ev oww.
Edo kxadw aj bdend: kxojo owwj uffouh ke ro opkhomoc0 tudwoheij. Ak aj xawxc0 hosemmodtot kxuk 0ei te dek..."
- Which translates to:
- "Invasion of evil
Today on one of the darkest of days, strange events are happening. Every egg in the cave seems to have been replaced with this new, sinister breed of egg.
One thing is known: these eggs appear to be extremely dangerous. It is highly recommended that you do not..."
- The rest of the message cannot be read due to the scroll being burned.
- On May 21, 2017, Vampire Dragons received sprite updates to their hatchlings and adults, along with updates to their Bite lineages.
- During their initial release, some users reported dead dragons appearing on their scrolls, brewing speculation about the new eggs and hatchlings having killed dragons on the same scroll they were present on. This rumor was later disproved by TJ09. It was confirmed that the affected dragons were killed as a measure to deter intentional glitch exploitation.
- Success percentages before June 2011 estimated to be: 50% chance of complete success, 25% chance that the bite is successful but automatically abandoned, and 25% chance the egg is killed. Since the introduction of the new 5-letter dragon codes, the success rates of biting have apparently been tweaked. TJ09 indicated that he never guaranteed the 50/25/25 ratios.
- The sparkles added during Halloween '15 could be in reference to the sparkly vampires from Twilight.