|Striped River Dragon|
|Release Date||March 28, 2015|
|Elemental Affinity||Water |
|Color||Blue, green, white|
Official Dragon Descriptions[edit | edit source]
Egg[edit | edit source]
"A small puddle of condensation has collected under this egg."
"Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It's an excellent swimmer, but can also glide through the air for short distances."
"Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It’s an excellent swimmer, but can also glide through the air for short distances.
It’s gotten much bigger, and can now fly for longer distances. It must be close to maturing."
Adult[edit | edit source]
"Striped River Dragons dwell in clear, deep-moving water. These dragons are playful and active, but wild individuals are very shy and tend to flee at the first sign of humans. They are excellent swimmers and can hold their breath for up to an hour, and are also capable of magic-powered flight for short distances. Their hoards usually consist of shells, smooth river stones, and freshwater pearls; Striped River Dragons often trade objects from their hoard and give “gifts” to dragons or people they consider to be friends. These dragons are intolerant of poor water conditions, so their presence is often an indicator of a healthy river system."
Sprite Artist(s)[edit | edit source]
- JOTB (All)
Sprites[edit | edit source]
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
Encyclopedia Entry[edit | edit source]
- Long, flexible body makes them somewhat ungainly on land.
- Teeth in the front of the mouth are long and sharp, while the teeth in the back are flattened for grinding vegetation.
- Horns are shed annually.
- Older dragons have larger horns and are somewhat thicker-bodied.
- The hairs in the mane seem to repel water and resist tangling.
- Shy around strangers.
- Enjoy playing in the rain and mud puddles.
- Collect and play with small shiny objects.
- Tend to hoard pieces of brightly colored trash an adult might ignore.
- Tend to stay in shallower and calmer water.
- If caught unawares, very strong currents can sweep them downriver.
- Solitary, though they will socialize with other dragons.
- Energetic and playful, spend most of their time in the water.
- Enjoy napping on sun-warmed rocks.
- When food becomes scarce, will fly for short distances to find a new stretch of river.
- During the breeding system males will fly for miles looking for females.
- Females care for the offspring until they reach adolescence.
- Found in deep, cold, moving water.
- On rare occasions may be found living in lakes.
- The diet is primarily fish, but they will also eat large aquatic invertebrates, mammals, and birds.
- When available, plant material will also be consumed, especially fruits, nuts, and tubers.