Silver Dragons are one of the original species on the site, having been released on September 22, 2007. These dragons are known for residing in the highest tiers of rarity on the site. They were also the first breed of a few species to have separate sprites for males and females before the Dimorphism replacement sprites were put into effect.
Official Dragon Descriptions[edit | edit source]
Egg[edit | edit source]
"This egg gives off a beautiful glow."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It gives off a glow that lights up the cave."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It gives off a glow that lights up the cave.
Look, it's grown frills, and the glow around it has become even brighter."
Adult (♀)[edit | edit source]
"Silver Dragons are arguably one of the most beautiful types of dragons. They live in high altitude habitats such as mountains. Silver females eat meat only when a male dragon brings it to them as part of courtship, though they are typically highly-independent. They possess an almost magical aura that lights up any place they are in, and are looked upon with awe by humans and animals alike."
Adult (♂)[edit | edit source]
"Silver dragons are arguably one of the most beautiful types of dragons. They live in high altitude habitats such as mountains. Male Silvers hunt and eat meat. While not as beautiful or radiant as females, silver males possess better physical attributes, such as strength."
Sprite Artist(s)[edit | edit source]
New Sprites[edit | edit source]
Old Sprites[edit | edit source]
Sprites[edit | edit source]
Sprites No Longer In-Use[edit | edit source]
|Temporary Holiday Sprites|
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
Encyclopedia Entry[edit | edit source]
- Both males and females have a soft fur mane along their spine that extends from their forehead to partway down their tail.
- There is a similar tuft of fur on their tail tip.
- On the males this fur is a soft, shimmery blue. On the females the fur is a similar soft pink.
- Have a pair of hard horns in the same colors as their fur.
- Though wingless, Silver dragons are able to fly easily.
- The magical glow of Silver dragons may be connected to their ability to fly without wings.
- Silver hatchlings are playful.
- Really enjoy frolicking in flower-strewn meadows.
- Can often be seen splashing playfully in waterfalls.
- Fly early, even before their mane grows in.
- Though they love running and chasing their games are not aggressive.
- Hatchlings are especially attracted to rainbows.
- Silver hatchlings can often be seen in the center of large groups of mixed breeds of hatchlings, even amongst breeds that normally avoid other dragons.
- This breed has a playful nature.
- Can sometimes be seen frolicking in meadows, waterfalls or rainbows.
- They seem able to live peacefully even with breeds known for their aggression.
- Silver dragons enjoy beautiful scenery.
- Males are careful to kill quickly and cleanly when hunting.
- The glow of a silver dragon appears to have a pacifying effect on other species.
- Numerous silver dragon eggs have been spotted in high mountain areas.
- Silver dragons have been spotted among the rugged ice peaks of the frozen alpines.
- Many Silver dragons have been spotted sunning atop sand dunes in the driest desert.
- It is not unheard of to find Silver dragons among the bubbling lava pools of smoking volcanoes.
- Silver dragon eggs are seen everywhere.
- There are unconfirmed rumors that Silver dragons have been spotted swimming with the deep sea dragons.
- It is commonly held as a truth that Silver dragons can live anywhere they choose to live.
- Silver dragons seem immune to the environmental differences of different habitats. It is suspected that magic is responsible for regulating their internal temperature and protecting them.
- The diet of a newly hatched Silver dragon consists mainly of vegetation.
- Male Silver dragons change from mostly fruits and vegetables to a diet of meat about the time they grow their manes.
- Adult Silver dragons are one of a few breeds of dragon which have varying diets between males and females.
- Male Silver dragons live on a diet of large mammals.
- Though a female Silver dragon’s diet consists mainly of fruits and vegetables, she will willingly eat almost any vegetation.
- During breeding season a female Silver dragon’s diet undergoes a radical change; she will switch to mainly eating meat; typically brought to her by her potential mate.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The original female sprite is a recolored Leviathan from Final Fantasy V, and the male sprite is a recolored Silver Dragon from Final Fantasy IV.
- There was once a rumor that said users could tell what gender a Silver dragon would hatch as by the shadow on the egg. A lighter shadow indicated female while a darker shadow indicated male. This rumor was later disproved.
- This dragon received a complete overhaul to its sprite set during the 2015 Sprite Update- it was the only dragon in this event to have its egg sprite updated.
- Before the sprite update, the eggs were commonly confused with White Dragon eggs.
- Some time during summer 2018, the adult descriptions were updated. The male description had a minor phrasing change. The old female description read:
- Silver dragons are arguably one of the most beautiful types of dragons. They live in high altitude habitats such as mountains. Silver females, like most female dragons, eat meat only when a male dragon brings it to them. They possess an almost magical aura that lights up any place they are in, and are looked upon with awe by humans and animals alike.