|Red-Tailed Wyrm Pygmy|
|Release Date||April 22, 2018|
|Elemental Affinity||Air |
|Color||Red, brown, yellow|
Red-Tailed Wyrm Pygmies were released on April 22, 2018, alongside Tatterdrakes. Like all pygmies, their eggs cannot be bitten by Vampire Dragons and they can only breed with other pygmies or Pumpkin Dragons.
Users still using the old Legacy sort on their scrolls will find this breed sorted as "Pygmy-Red-Tailed Wyrm" rather than its official encyclopedia name.
Official Dragon DescriptionsEdit
"This tiny egg has a bold red streak on it."
"Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It has no legs, and the end of its tail is a bright red."
"Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It has no legs, and the end of its tail is a bright red.
And look! It’s grown more red frills along its back and sides."
"Red-Tailed Wyrms are a small but clever breed of dragon. Their innate ability to use air mana allows them to fly, and they are aerial predators with extremely sharp eyesight. They tend to ride on warm air currents, and then swoop out of the sky when they spot prey. Once the wyrm catches its prey, it will constrict its meal before swallowing it whole. They can often be found in human settlements, draped over rooftops or signs to rest between meals."
- TheCompleteAnimorph (All)
|Red-Tailed Wyrm Pygmy
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
- Small wyrms with two sets of side frills and a decorative crest atop their heads.
- They have thick, platelike scales that are very smooth and angled to be quite aerodynamic.
- Red-Tails are a mix of brown, black, and cream, but their frills and the end of their tails are always a shade of red.
- Their eyes are large for their head size, and very keen.
- Undersides are smooth, and grip the ground well if the dragon decides to slither around.
- Have a small row of spines running the entire length of their back.
- Head crest and side frills can be folded in or flared, for locomotion or to express themselves.
- Have small backwards-facing teeth.
- Baby Red-Tails are rather helpless, but will still hiss loudly and try to bite if they feel threatened.
- They tend to imprint on their caretaker, whether that is their parent or a member of another species.
- Hatchlings may be slightly fussy with their first few meals, but quickly learn to accept anything they’re given so long as it is warm and smells like meat.
- Tend to coil over the tops of branches, or any horizontal sticks, in a position almost like a rope while waiting for their caretakers to return.
- The hatchlings are very competitive and have very little sibling loyalty, and the runt of a clutch often ends up eaten by one of their larger siblings.
- Rather intelligent despite being a pygmy breed.
- Red-Tails bury their eggs at the base of a tree, and are protective of these nests.
- While they are small and not venomous, their frills have hard, sharp tips, and they typically aim at the eyes when they try to bite.
- Red-Tails can be found anywhere open that has adequate prey.
- They are one of the most common pygmy breeds found around human settlements, and take advantage of tall manmade structures as perches.
- They may also perch in trees, but dislike heavily wooded areas.
- Red-Tails are exclusively carnivorous, and typically eat small mammals, birds, or anything else they can swallow whole.
- They swoop in from above, then constrict their prey before swallowing it whole.
- May occasionally eat scraps from larger dragons’ kills, but prefer whole meals.
- For some time during the first day of release, one and then eventually both of TJ09's eggs were hidden/fogged. They only became visible again once the eggs had hatched. It is theorized that the eggs were hidden/fogged during the hatching sequence due to the incorrect images being applied, as happened to the breed that was released alongside this one. This glitch continued sometime after the adults were revealed, applying to the eggs of regular users, until it was fixed and the correct cracking sequence is now shown instead.