Ochredrakes were the first drakes to appear on Dragon Cave, and were released on July 15, 2009, alongside Albino, Common Pygmy and Cheese Dragons. Just like other DC Drakes, they can only breed with other Drakes and their eggs cannot be bitten by Vampire Dragons.
Official Dragon Descriptions[edit | edit source]
Egg[edit | edit source]
"This egg has strange markings on it."
"Aww... It's a cute baby drake. It seems to like you, although it is very hyperactive and difficult to train."
"Aww... It's a cute baby drake. It seems to like you, although it is very hyperactive and difficult to train.
And look! It's grown its wings! It must be close to maturing."
Adult[edit | edit source]
"Ochredrakes are a curious species with a wide array of mutations and interesting behaviors. Not as intelligent as normal dragons, they only breed with other drake species. While they may not be bright, ochredrakes are flamboyant and fun-loving with amazing, chirping voices to sing with, and tame readily in the presence of a gentle hand."
Sprite Artist(s)[edit | edit source]
Sprites[edit | edit source]
Sprites No Longer In-Use[edit | edit source]
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
Encyclopedia Entry[edit | edit source]
- Single-spur wings and adjoining sails along the tail.
- Dirty yellow hide.
- Young hatchlings usually stick to quadrupedalism.
- Learn to fly quickly even if they are clumsly fliers as hatchlings.
- Seem to have a never-ending supply of energy.
- Require constant watching or they will quickly get into trouble.
- Love to explore.
- Friendly; enjoy nuzzling any creature that will allow them to.
- Easily excited, they rarely express any sadness.
- Swift and cheerful dragon.
- Distinctive lack of an ability to roar.
- Funny, warbling voices.
- Capable of making a variety of noises including whistling, cooing, humming, fluting, and chirruping.
- Their beautiful song can carry for miles with a cheerful lilt.
- Curious by nature.
- Possess great agility and speed.
- Typically mate and nest by rocky cliffs around deserts.
- Build flimsy cliff side nests.
- When it’s not mating season, they prefer the camouflage of the forest.
- Trees provide fun obstacles that ochredrakes enjoy racing around.
- Prey on small to medium mammals such as gazelles and hares.
- Possess an odd softspot for dates from date palms and will do anything to get them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During the Dimorphism change on March 26, 2010, this dragon received an update to its adult sprite.
- On May 21, 2016, Howler Drakes received a major update to their egg sprites, as part of Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday; all DC Drakes released on the site when this event occurred received the same downsizing update. This update was done so that the sprites better fit the breed's description of having slightly smaller eggs than those of standard dragons.