|Release Date||May 21, 2006|
|Elemental Affinity||Magi |
|Spriters ||Silvanon, |
Magi Dragons are one of the original dragons released to Dragon Cave.
Initially they were often referred to as "Orange" dragons. This nickname became less popular following the breed's sprite replacement, which highlighted that this dragon was meant to be a magic user.
On June 10, 2011, Magi Dragons gained the Breed Specific Action Teleport. This action allows for two-way trading, or one-way transferring, of up to four eggs and unfrozen hatchlings. Teleport has a two day cooldown, and active transfers can be viewed on the Trading Hub.
Official Dragon DescriptionsEdit
"This egg has an orange aura radiating from it."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It glows with some form of arcane energy."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It glows with some form of arcane energy.
And look! It's grown its wings! It must be close to maturing."
"Magi dragons are, as their names suggest, primarily magic users. They rarely use physical forms of attack. They eat anything they can kill, which is generally everything. They won't kill unprovoked except when hunting, although they may kill humans if in danger. Their strong magic makes them one of the most feared breeds of dragons."
Sprites No Longer In-UseEdit
|Temporary Holiday Sprites|
|Old Dead Egg|
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
- The fins that run along their heads are unique; no two dragons have the same shape, size and arrangement of spikes.
- Their scales are a radiant orange that has a slight iridescence.
- They seem to have a faint glow, although in dark environments, they don’t appear to actually luminesce.
- Hatchlings have natural magical abilities; but they have trouble controlling them at first.
- Early attempts at magic can produce unpredictable results.
- Adolescent dragons are able to show more advanced control of magic than most humans.
- Will spend time soaking in pools of mana to strengthen their powers.
- Bathing in fresh water can cause mana to “leak” into the environment, having effects on nearby flora and fauna.
- Being teleported is a good way to empty your stomach.
- (No longer have issues after being teleported a few times.)
- Travel in groups to different mana springs to replenish stores.
- Able to go several months between visits to springs.
- Capable of utilizing various types of elemental magics, although they appear to specialize in spatial magic (e.g. teleportation).
- Can “see” the flow of magic as it is utilized—attempts to describe what it looks like fall outside human comprehension.
- Their “mage sight” is likely related to their abnormal eye coloration.
- Can be found in most environments, but prefer humid areas.
- Appear to use a lot of energy when using more advanced magic.
- Can “convert” mana to food by way of using spells to conjure edible things, but this is probably not a net-positive on energy.
- Despite not being as physically active as other breeds, they must consume more food than most dragons in order to stay nourished.
- Magi is the plural of magus, a Latin word meaning a magic user.
- The adult's original sprite was a recolored E.Dragon from Breath of Fire II.
- This breed's original hatchling description was:
- Regarding pronunciation of the name:
- In IPA: mædʒaɪ (I think)
In real people terms: 'maj-eye.
Definitely not a hard a (first syllable is identical to "magic").