|Release Date||May 21, 2006|
|Elemental Affinity||Magi |
|Spriters ||Silvanon, |
Magi Dragons were one of the first original dragons on the site. "Magi" is the plural of "magus" (a Latin word meaning "user of magic"), which describes the dragon's magical capabilities. Since May 26, 2010, it is possible to breed Magi Dragons with Water Dragons to produce Shallow Water Dragons.
When initially on the site, they were commonly referred to as "Orange" dragons- this nickname was soon dropped after the sprite replacement began. The replacement was made to be starkly different to the original to highlight that this dragon was meant to be a magic user as opposed to a melee fighter that the original sprite's bulky physique suggested, and so users switched to calling them "Magi" more often as it was more fitting for the new sprite. The nickname was further discontinued after the introduction of Shallow Water Dragons, which share this breed's bright orange coloration.
As of June 10, 2011, Magi now have the breed specific action "Teleport", allowing for two-way trading, or one-way transferring, of up to four eggs/unfrozen hatchlings, which effectively replaced Abandoned Page trading. Teleport has a two day cooldown and in-progress teleportations can be viewed on the Trading Hub of the site.
Official Dragon DescriptionsEdit
"This egg has an orange aura radiating from it."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It glows with some form of arcane energy."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It glows with some form of arcane energy.
And look! It's grown its wings! It must be close to maturing."
"Magi dragons are, as their names suggest, primarily magic users. They rarely use physical forms of attack. They eat anything they can kill, which is generally everything. They won't kill unprovoked except when hunting, although they may kill humans if in danger. Their strong magic makes them one of the most feared breeds of dragons."
Sprites No Longer In-UseEdit
|Temporary Holiday Sprites|
|Old Dead Egg|
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
- The fins that run along their heads are unique; no two dragons have the same shape, size and arrangement of spikes.
- Their scales are a radiant orange that has a slight iridescence.
- They seem to have a faint glow, although in dark environments, they don’t appear to actually luminesce.
- Hatchlings have natural magical abilities; but they have trouble controlling them at first.
- Early attempts at magic can produce unpredictable results.
- Adolescent dragons are able to show more advanced control of magic than most humans.
- Will spend time soaking in pools of mana to strengthen their powers.
- Bathing in fresh water can cause mana to “leak” into the environment, having effects on nearby flora and fauna.
- Being teleported is a good way to empty your stomach.
- (No longer have issues after being teleported a few times.)
- Travel in groups to different mana springs to replenish stores.
- Able to go several months between visits to springs.
- Capable of utilizing various types of elemental magics, although they appear to specialize in spatial magic (e.g. teleportation).
- Can “see” the flow of magic as it is utilized—attempts to describe what it looks like fall outside human comprehension.
- Their “mage sight” is likely related to their abnormal eye coloration.
- Can be found in most environments, but prefer humid areas.
- Appear to use a lot of energy when using more advanced magic.
- Can “convert” mana to food by way of using spells to conjure edible things, but this is probably not a net-positive on energy.
- Despite not being as physically active as other breeds, they must consume more food than most dragons in order to stay nourished.
- The adult's original sprite was a recolored E.Dragon from Breath of Fire II.
- This breed's original hatchling description was:
- Regarding pronunciation of the name:
- In IPA: mædʒaɪ (I think)
In real people terms: 'maj-eye.
Definitely not a hard a (first syllable is identical to "magic").