|Release Date||May 22, 2012|
|Elemental Affinity||Light |
|Color||Pearlescent white, yellow|
Lumina dragons change color for 24 hours after they are bred to Albino, Black Truffle, Turpentines or Waterhorse Dragons.
The Lumina color changing phenomenon is a reaction to the mildy toxic oil, gelatinous goo and oily secretions which Turpentines, Black Truffles, Waterhorses and Albinos are respectively covered with. The Luminas remove their scales in order to get rid of the oil or goo, so their color changes to reflect their scaleless body as per their official description: "... if one of their scales has so much as a scratch or a defect, they'll remove it. Luckily, their scales grow back quickly, and each new growth is more beautiful than the last." Bred eggs of a Lumina x Turpentine/Black Truffle/Waterhorse/Albino couple are not affected by this and hatch as ordinary Luminas.
Light Luminae are capable of breeding Dark Luminae, and likewise Dark Luminae can produce Light Luminae. The odds of breeding a Light Lumina increases as Valkemare's Blue Moon, Cirion, waxes fuller, while the odds of getting a Dark Lumina increases as it wanes.
Official Dragon DescriptionsEdit
"This egg shines brightly in the sunlight."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It always seems to be picking over its scales."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It always seems to be picking over its scales.
And look! It's grown its wings! It must be close to maturing."
"Lumina Dragons received their names from their highly reflective scales, which—at times—seem to glow. They are vain, always strutting about and preening incessantly; if one of their scales has so much as a scratch or a defect, they'll remove it. Luckily, their scales grow back quickly, and each new growth is more beautiful than the last. These narcissistic dragons live in small groups and prefer to surround themselves with beauty. The females guard their territory and eggs while the males search for vegetation to eat."
- Corteo (All)
(after breeding to Turpentines, Waterhorses, Black Truffles and Albinos – lasts for 24 hours)
Sprites No Longer In-UseEdit
|Temporary Holiday Sprites|
|Old Dead Egg
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
- Use their rear wings for extra lift and steering making them quick and evasive fliers.
- Luminae pay special attention to their scales, and spend a large amount of their time picking over them and removing less than perfect scales.
- Can fly for long distances without tiring.
- Hatchlings are very calm.
- Need to be taught to preen themselves.
- Hatchlings will play but get tired quickly.
- Lumina hatchlings love shiny things and seem to collect them.
- The older a dragon gets the shinier it becomes.
- Lumina Dragons become quite affectionate when raised by a human but are quite aloof if gotten later in their life.
- Females guard any eggs obsessively, often licking the egg to keep it clean.
- Luminae live in groups of two to six.
- Breeding with a Turpentine, Waterhorse, Albinos, or other slimy dragon will cause them to shed/pick out their scales.
- Polite to other species, but often don’t interact with them.
- You can find Luminae nearly everywhere.
- Luminae adapt very quickly to new habitats.
- Personalities differ based on their habitat—coastal and alpine dragons are often more social (and spend more time grooming).
- Hatchlings feed from their parents like parrots.
- If the dragon eats different precious metals, their scale color will change slightly to show different hues. The change isn’t prominent, but can look quite lovely.
- Lumina dragons will turn to fish before other meats.
- When breeding, Lumina have special protein-rich diets.
- On October 14, 2017, this breed's encyclopedia entry was updated to include the following information under Anatomy and Adult sections respectively:
- "Luminae pay special attention to their scales, and spend a large amount of their time picking over them and removing less than perfect scales."
- "The older a dragon gets the shinier it becomes."
- The male Lumina was originally going to be my Christmas dragon submission (Wrapping Paper) until I decided I didn't want to try for the holiday and decided to save them for a normal release.
- Regarding scaleless Luminas:
- Just wanted to thank the users for this awesome idea with posts like this xD
Also, a big thank you to TJ for adding this in.
Also, I didn't say this, but don't stop playing around with stuff yet
- Regarding Luminas' reaction to the oil/secretions:
- Well the Luminas don't react to the acid in the Turp oil, they just shed because they find it sic] and detracting from their beauty. :) [