|Release Date||December 25, 2007|
|Elemental Affinity||Life |
|Base Rarity||Limited release|
|Color||Red, gold, green|
|Nicknames||Holly, Holly '07, Hangbutt|
|Spriters ||Birdzgoboom, |
Holly Dragons, or Holiday 2007 Dragons, are the all-male Holiday species released during the Holidays of 2007, and the first Holiday dragon to be released. As a limited-release dragon, are only capable of producing more Holly eggs during a brief period when the Holidays are celebrated in December. They can still be bred to all year round, producing the partner's breed of egg. Each scroll is limited to 2 cave-born dragons of this breed, like all other Holiday dragons.
Despite being originally released as a male-only breed, Holly offspring can now gender either male or female. Holiday raffle "Honorable Mention" winners were also able to influence their eggs, creating cave-born females.
Under the legacy breed sort, these dragons sort as "Christmas 2007 Dragon" on a user's scroll. As of August 14, 2016, they now sort using their Encyclopedia name of "Holiday Dragon (2007)".
Official Dragon DescriptionsEdit
"This egg has a holly leaf stuck to it."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It's very festively colored."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It's very festively colored.
And look! It's grown its wings! It must be close to maturing."
"Holiday dragons are a very mysterious breed. They are only seen during winter, and even then it is hard to catch a glimpse of one. They are responsible for the general cheer that spreads during the holidays. In essence, they are the “Spirits of Winter.”"
- Birdzgoboom (All)
- Silvanon (All)
Sprites No Longer In-UseEdit
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
There are no notes available for this breed. Check back later; new information will be added periodically.
- TJ09 confirmed that the original artist-given name for the Holly was "Noel Dragon" .
- In 2008, there was an occasional glitch that would allow Holly dragons to be bred out of season. The resulting offspring would instantly turn into ungendered Neglected Dragons. This glitch has since been resolved.
- Before the 2009 winter event, TJ09 confirmed that there were only 109 Holly dragons in existence, with one being in the Wilderness. During the 2012 winter event, TJ09 stated in the IRC that there were more Holly Dragons in existence than Neglected dragons at that time.
- Hollies are one of only a few limited-edition dragons that do not have Spriter's Alts. Others include Vampire Dragons, Black Marrows, and Soulstone Dragons.
- Hollies have been featured in several Holiday events:
- A Holly Dragon was featured on a cookie decoration during the 2012 Gingerbread House Decorating event.
- A Holly Dragon was featured as a character in some of the stories during the 2014 Snow Warning event. This same character made a repeat appearance as an NPC in the Valkemarian Tales - Jolly Follies game from the 2015 winter event.
- Before their sprite update in 2015, Hollies shared the same base hatchling sprite with the Bright Pink, Dark Green, and Red dragons, though in 2018 Red dragons also got their sprites updated.
- While cave-born Hollies were intended to be male-only, at least 21 female cave-born Hollies are known to exist, having been won as honorable mention prizes.