|Release Date||December 25, 2007|
|Elemental Affinity||Life |
|Base Rarity||Rare (Holiday)|
|Color||Red, gold, green|
|Nicknames||Holly, Holly '07, Hangbutt|
|Spriters ||Birdzgoboom, |
Holly Dragons, or Holiday 2007 Dragons, were the all-male Holiday species given out during Christmas of 2007, and the first Christmas dragon to be released. They are only capable of producing more Holly eggs during a certain period when Christmas is celebrated in December. They can still be bred to all year round, producing the partner's breed of egg. Each scroll/account is currently limited to 2 CBs of this breed, like all other Christmas dragons.
In the past, this breed was limited to 2 per scroll/account, whether bred or CB. Any other Holly eggs that were obtained were automatically abandoned if picked up in the abandoned page or main cave, and after 30 minutes if bred. Despite being originally released as a male-only breed, Holly offspring can now gender either male or female. Christmas Raffle Honorable Mention winners were also able to influence their eggs, creating caveborn females.
Under the old Breed sort, these dragons sorted as "Christmas 2007 Dragon" on a user's scroll. As of August 14, 2016, they now sort using their Encyclopedia name of "Holiday Dragon (2007)".
Official Dragon DescriptionsEdit
"This egg has a holly leaf stuck to it."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It's very festively colored."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It's very festively colored.
And look! It's grown its wings! It must be close to maturing."
"Holiday dragons are a very mysterious breed. They are only seen during winter, and even then it is hard to catch a glimpse of one. They are responsible for the general cheer that spreads during the holidays. In essence, they are the “Spirits of Winter.”"
- Birdzgoboom (All)
- Silvanon (All)
Sprites No Longer In-UseEdit
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
There are no notes available for this breed. Check back later; new information will be added periodically.
- During a discussion on the forum about renaming Holiday breeds in the Dragon Encyclopedia, TJ confirmed that the original/artist-given name for the Holly was "Noel Dragon", hence "Deoc Thuwed".
- In 2008, there was an occasional glitch that would allow Holly dragons to be bred out of season. The resulting offspring would instantly turn into ungendered Neglected Dragons. This glitch has since been resolved.
- Before the 2009 winter event, TJ09 confirmed that there were only 109 Holly dragons in existence, with one being in the Wilderness. During the 2012 winter event, TJ09 stated in the IRC chat that there were then-currently more Holly Dragons in existence than Neglected dragons.
- Until 2013, the only Holiday dragons to not have a Spriter's Alt were the Holly, Yulebuck, Vampire, Valentine, Pumpkin and Black Marrow. That year, with the exception of Vampires, Black Marrows and Hollies, all were given Spriters' Alts.
- A Holly Dragon was featured on a cookie decoration during the 2012 Gingerbread House Decorating event.
- A Holly Dragon was featured as a character in some of the stories during the 2014 Snow Warning event. This same character made a repeat appearance as an NPC in the Valkemarian Tales - Jolly Follies game from the 2015 winter event.
- Before their sprite update in 2015, Hollies shared the same base hatchling sprite with the Bright Pink, Dark Green and Red dragons, though in 2018 Red dragons also got their sprites updated.
- At least 21 caveborn female Holly dragons exist, with the codes Holy, Time, WGgnu, 4xr9t, WMagi, holly, HwkEy, yule, Ashes, Ai6El, Ho11y, Zibl, JxfIP, Bell, holi, UTV0, Kline, bT0Ev, Peace, Jingl and MAGIC.