|Release Date||September 17, 2011|
|Elemental Affinity||Life |
|Color||Gold, green and orange|
Gold-horned Tangars were released on September 17, 2011, alongside Spotted Greenwings during the "Secret Friday" release. Under the old Breed sort, these dragons sorted as "Tangar" on a user's scroll. As of August 14, 2016, they now sort using their Encyclopedia name.
Official Dragon DescriptionsEdit
"This egg has bright orange and green markings."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It is very brightly colored and loves fruit."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It is very brightly colored and loves fruit.
And look! It's grown its wings! It must be close to maturing!"
"Gold-horned Tangars are a brightly colored tropical breed. They are primarily herbivores, and eat a wide variety of fruits and flowers in addition to the occasional bird. Tangars are well suited to life in the trees; their slender bodies make them light enough to be supported by thinner branches and agile enough to avoid obstacles while flying. Their brightly-colored horns, found in both males and females, are used to attract mates."
- JOTB (All)
Sprites No Longer In-UseEdit
|Temporary Holiday Sprites|
|Old Dead Egg
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
- Scales are small, round, and slightly reflective.
- Horns are made up of a bony core covered in a hard, reflective material.
- Every tangar has the same number of spots, though they vary slightly in size, shape, and shade of gold.
- The luster of the horns is determined by the dragon’s health while the outer layer is being laid down.
- Very light body with many pneumatic spaces in the longer bones.
- Have long, sharp claws to aid in gripping branches.
- Tail is somewhat prehensile.
- Females are larger than males.
- Very active and always hungry.
- Love fruit but attracted to any sweet, brightly colored foods.
- May steal small, colorful items.
- Good jumpers, and enjoy climbing tall objects, including people.
- Personalities range from inquisitive and friendly to shy and flighty.
- They are not social but show no territoriality, peacefully coexisting with any other dragons.
- Mates are picked based on how shiny the horns are—shinier horns indicate a healthier, stronger individual.
- The only time they become aggressive is when defending a nest or a mate.
- Choose a new mate every breeding season but remain loyal to their partner until the eggs hatch.
- Hatchlings often follow their parents until they reach maturity but no parental care is shown.
- Live in the canopy of warm, dense, humid jungles.
- Long limbs, neck, and tail make them ill-suited for colder climates.
- Primarily herbivorous, feeding mostly on fruits, berries, nuts, leaves, and flowers.
- Occasionally eat birds, reptiles, or small mammals, especially when breeding.
- Sometimes eat rocks or clay for additional minerals or to neutralize poisons from their diet.
- The male Gold-horned Tangar sprite was added after the "Christmas 2011 Dragon Dress Up" event ended on December 26.