Gold-horned Tangars were released on September 17, 2011, alongside Spotted Greenwings during the "Secret Friday" release.
Official descriptions[edit | edit source]
Egg[edit | edit source]
This egg has bright orange and green markings.
Hatchling[edit | edit source]
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It is very brightly colored and loves fruit."
Mature hatchling[edit | edit source]
Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It is very brightly colored and loves fruit.
And look! It has grown wings! It must be close to maturing.
Adult[edit | edit source]
Gold-horned Tangars are a brightly colored tropical breed. They are primarily herbivores, and eat a wide variety of fruits and flowers in addition to the occasional bird. Tangars are well suited to life in the trees; their slender bodies make them light enough to be supported by thinner branches and agile enough to avoid obstacles while flying. Their brightly colored horns, found in both males and females, are used to attract mates.
Sprite artists[edit | edit source]
- JOTB (All)
Sprites[edit | edit source]
Egg sequence[edit | edit source]
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
Retired sprites[edit | edit source]
|Temporary event sprites|
|Original dead egg|
Encyclopedia Entry[edit | edit source]
- Scales are small, round, and slightly reflective.
- Horns are made up of a bony core covered in a hard, reflective material.
- Every tangar has the same number of spots, though they vary slightly in size, shape, and shade of gold.
- The luster of the horns is determined by the dragon’s health while the outer layer is being laid down.
- Very light body with many pneumatic spaces in the longer bones.
- Have long, sharp claws to aid in gripping branches.
- Tail is somewhat prehensile.
- Females are larger than males.
- Very active and always hungry.
- Love fruit but attracted to any sweet, brightly colored foods.
- May steal small, colorful items.
- Good jumpers, and enjoy climbing tall objects, including people.
- Personalities range from inquisitive and friendly to shy and flighty.
- They are not social but show no territoriality, peacefully coexisting with any other dragons.
- Mates are picked based on how shiny the horns are—shinier horns indicate a healthier, stronger individual.
- The only time they become aggressive is when defending a nest or a mate.
- Choose a new mate every breeding season but remain loyal to their partner until the eggs hatch.
- Hatchlings often follow their parents until they reach maturity but no parental care is shown.
- Live in the canopy of warm, dense, humid jungles.
- Long limbs, neck, and tail make them ill-suited for colder climates.
- Primarily herbivorous, feeding mostly on fruits, berries, nuts, leaves, and flowers.
- Occasionally eat birds, reptiles, or small mammals, especially when breeding.
- Sometimes eat rocks or clay for additional minerals or to neutralize poisons from their diet.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The male Gold-horned Tangar sprite was added after the "Christmas 2011 Dragon Dress Up" event ended on December 26.
- Under the legacy breed sort, Gold-horned Tangars sort as "Tangar" on a user's scroll.