The "Fourth Annual Festival of Eggs" began shortly after midnight on March 31, 2013. Like last year, the event was set for 3 days and therefore ended on April 2 at 23:59:59.
If a user already got a basket at one of the previous "Festival of Eggs" events, the new eggs would be placed in there as well, seperated by a border.
If members couldn't participate the event in 2010, 2011, or 2012, they got the chance to get an Easter basket badge by joining the event in 2013.
Many of the newer users were confused, since when they hovered their cursor over the little basket badge it would read "Easter Basket - 2010 Festival of Eggs". That's because the images of the 2010 basket badges were also used for the following "Festival of Eggs" events.
There were 51 eggs in total to collect in 2013 and, like before, there was no reward for collecting them all.
Coding - TJ
Organizer - Dis
Border - Aangs-sister, Dolphinsong, Fiona BlueFire, Imbecamiel, Infinis, JOTB, Kiffren, Mysfytt, Rosella Surmane, Sif, Tridymite, Wynni and Zovesta
Badge - Umbreonage, Nakase (recolored spriter badge)
As the baskets were the same as in 2010, click here for more details: 2010 basket badge.
In 2013 the spriters got a new basket badge like other event spriters. It has a tiny dragon sitting in it instead of eggs.
|Imbecamiel||Rosella Surmane||Happy Easter|
There were 51 eggs in total.
As they appear in the basketEdit
Sprites and sprite artistsEdit
(More detailed information regarding egg references can be found here.)
- Corteo's egg is a Matryoshka (russian stackable dolls).
- Fiona BlueFire's egg was made in memory of a friend who passed.
Two months ago a close friend died of bone cancer. She and I shared a love of flowers and of crafting. Many years ago I did a painting of daisies for her, and it's still hanging on her wall. At Christmas, just weeks before her death, I finished a painting of cherry blossoms for her to give her son and his wife as a Christmas gift. We both knew her time then was measuring in weeks, if not days. I was touched that she asked me, and she was glad that I was able to finish in time for her to see it, and see her son's reaction. I wanted to make my Easter egg this year a tribute to this wonderful friend, who always had such a spirit of joy that was always shining from her.
- Fush's egg is based on the Stargate symbols.
- Hot on Fire's eggs are turkeys (white - domestic turkey, brown - wild turkey).
Domestic Turkey - We eat these every year for Thanksgiving rather than the brown version. Although the brown version is also eaten, it's not as common to.
Wild Turkey - Little known fact, these were meant to be America's icon but people decided the Bald Eagle was better suited.
- Imbecamiel's eggs is intended to be a subtle reference to Christianity.
It's intended to be a subtle reference to Christianity, while also just being a shiny pretty for people - The celtic knot design has also long been used as a symbol of the Trinity, the purple and gold to represent royalty, the ivy to represent new life/faithfulness. And the shine mainly to symbolize... the fact that I wanted to do something prettier for a bit of animation, but I'm really bad at animation.
- Jmm's egg is a cross between the Chaos Sphere (HeXen) and a tesla ball.
It's a cross between the Chaos Sphere (HeXen) and a tesla ball. Because Tesla's cool. The setting for the sphere was made to look more like draconic claws so it had an appropriate theme.
- Tarrlok's egg displayes the symbol of the Northern Water Tribe from Avatar.
- Kiffren's egg is a Mandalorian.
- LadyLyzar's egg displayes the Triforce from Legend of Zelda.
I have always loved Zelda. The dragons weren't meant to be Spyro but I realized that they looked a lot like him after coloring them, so I left it :) Happy Easter to all.
- LordFflam's egg is a tribute to "Guitar Hero" and "Rock Band".
(LadyLyzar's hubby) - Hubby is a bass player and that is his Fender Sting bass. We have always enjoyed playing Guitar Hero and Rock Band together and the kids love it too.
- Lythiaren's egg is a "Monster Hunter - Kirin" referrence.
- Nakase's egg shows the empty tomb of Christ.
- Process' egg is the eye of Sauron form "Lord of the Rings".
- Rosella Surname's egg is a Tardis egg from "Doctor Who".
- RotomGuy's egg is a tribute to the old "Ping Pong" game.
- Shikaru's egg is based on a Kitsune mask.
Tis not from Okami or any specific game/show/etc.
Favorite animal is a fox, and I really like the designs of those masks.
- Sicksoul's egg has cherry tree blossoms.
- Sif's egg is a Energy Core, galaxy inside egg.
Started out as a power core with design inspired by the Gree Technology from SWTOR (Yay Star Wars!), and somehow the core turned into its own little galaxy, so I just ran with it. So it's a mix between being a galaxy held inside of an egg and a power core sorta thing, hence the smoke discharge when it opens and the rotating pieces. Overall, just wanted to make something unique and tech-like. Would've liked to make the animations a bit smoother, and the rotating piece disappears on the far side on the portal skin (made it get too dark to go behind, whoops) but whatever.
- Starscream's eggs are based on a Deep Sea Isopod, Starscream from Transformers, and a turret from Portal.
- Switch's egg is a referrence to the Pokemon Kyurem (white).
- TaesoSpiritDragon's egg is a Nautilus shell.
I picked the Nautilus because I was always fascinated by this living fossil's shell and had been wanting to do one since the easter event in '11. My folks have a nautilus shell half at home, and I enjoyed studying the intricate layers of colors and layers within as a kid, and the smoothly striped texture on the outside. When I went to create this egg I was torn between doing just the outside, or just the inside, so I decided to do a fade-away from outside to inside to show the subtle beauty of the outer shell and the bold brilliance of the inner shells.
- Verridith's egg a referrence to Ace Combat Zero (the demondog), Ace Combat 4 (the blue ribbon) and Ace Combat 5 (the shield), which are Squadron symbols: the Galm patch, the Mobius patch, and the Razgriz patch, respectively.
I created the egg out of three combined squadron symbols from three Ace Combat games; I've always been an airplane/fighter jet enthusiast and someday wish to become a pilot myself, but couldn't find a good egg design featuring anything with jets I could make workable. Thus, I remembered the Galm team's dog symbol, and has a vision of that same dog walking around behind an egg. Then, while wondering what to put in the middle, I decided on two other squadron signs - thus combining a reference of all three AC games I currently own. Whoot!