Back then TJ announced the event with the following words on the forums:
While I don't have a pretty picture for you this time, I'd like to announce a two-day event that is unlike any other: The DC Festival of Eggs.
What is this festival of eggs? Well, it's very similar to an easter egg hunt. For the next two days, special eggs designed just for the event will pop up in random spots on the site. Click on them and they'll go in your "basket." Everyone can see your basket, and the more you collect, the more full your basket is.
So get searching!
Every five to fifteen minutes, a special egg would appear on the next page. When clicked, a little easter basket would appear at the top of your scroll, and you could click on it to see the eggs you had collected. The color of the baskets differs between scrolls, and the amount of eggs within increases at certain milestones.
- Eggs can be found anywhere on Dragon Cave. The different habitats, abandoned page, badge pages, your scroll, wilderness, graveyard, etc.
- You don't have to hunt the eggs down. They show up at a random time, at around 5-15 minute intervals.
- Refreshing and looking around more won't make the eggs show up faster.
- You can see all the eggs you've collected in your basket.
- The basket for the hunt is the same as last years (2010). If you got a basket last year, this years eggs will be placed in there. There is a cute border that separates last years eggs from this years eggs. (This years eggs are below last year's.
- There are 53 eggs total.(2010 - 38 eggs, 2011 - 53 eggs, 2012 - 42 eggs, 2013 - 51 eggs, 2014 - 55 eggs, 2015 - 62 eggs)
- If you don't grab an egg as soon as it shows up, you don't lose the chance to get it. It will keep showing up until you've grabbed it.
- The egg will pop up on it's random time whether you're browsing around the cave or just refreshing a random page.
- You do not have to be unlocked to grab Easter eggs.
- The next egg will not show up until you've grabbed the one already displaying in the cave.
- The eggs may not show up in the same spot as the ones before them. They may appear at the top, middle, or bottom of the page.
- Eggs should be easy to spot. The whole egg pops up on whatever page you're viewing. To grab it, just click it.
- There is one egg that people seem to be getting twice. This is known and TJ has been contacted about it. (only concerning an egg in 2011)
- Last years' eggs will not be a part of this event.
The badges replaced the big baskets after the "Festival of Eggs - 2010" ended. With the following "Festival of Eggs" events, the small badges were obtainable again for those who missed out on the previous events in the years before.
Previous "Festival of Eggs" EventsEdit
|Festival of Eggs - 2010|
|The first Festival of Eggs. There were 38 eggs to collect in 2010.|
|Festival of Eggs - 2011|
|The second annual Festival of Eggs, this time with 53 eggs to collect.|
|Festival of Eggs - 2012|
|The third annual Festival of Eggs was celebrated with a total of 42 eggs.|
|Festival of Eggs - 2013|
|In 2013 the "Festival of Eggs" returned with 51 new eggs.|
|Festival of Eggs - 2014|
|2014's Festival of Eggs has 55 eggs, more than any in previous year.|
|Festival of Eggs - 2015|
|The Festival of Eggs in 2015 was the biggest Festival of Eggs to date, with 62 eggs.|
|Festival of Eggs - 2016|
|The 2016 Festival of eggs included 60 collectable eggs.|
|Festival of Eggs - 2017|
|The Festival of Eggs in 2017 was slightly smaller than the previous year's event, having 56 eggs in total to collect.|
|Festival of Eggs - 2018|
|The ninth annual Festival of Eggs began on April 1, 2018. It included 54 eggs, which initially appeared in shades of mint green as an April Fool's joke.|
|Festival of Eggs - 2019|
|The tenth annual Festival of Eggs began on April 21, 2019 and lasted for 3 days. The event included 62 eggs.|
|Festival of Eggs - 2020|
|The eleventh annual Festival of Eggs began on April 12, 2020 and lasted for 3 days. The event included 60 eggs.|