Dragon Requests is a sub-forum on the Dragon Cave Forums where people are allowed to suggest new dragons. This is where new sprites, descriptions and ideas are formed. Anyone who has a forum account can see the list of suggested dragons, and can also suggest new ones. However, all new threads there must go through a moderation process. This makes sure no duplicates are made, and prevents rules being broken.
Art being made in this form goes through the following process:
- The original poster (commonly abbreviated op) makes the suggestion thread. If it is approved by the Dragon Request moderators, it gets posted.
- Sometimes the person has a sketch for their suggestion. If not, another user sketches the adult idea.
- If needed, this sketch goes through critiques and red-lining for improvement.
- A sprite of this sketch is made, either by the op, the sketcher, or another artist.
- This sprite is fixed for anatomy errors, colored, and shaded.
- Sketches are made for the hatchlings, and steps three through five are repeated.
- An egg sprite is made.
- Descriptions are decided upon.
- The suggestion gets moved to the Completed List.
Occasionally descriptions are made before the sprites are completed.
Artists strongly recommend completing adult sprites before working on hatchling and egg sprites.