Please be aware that this page may contain spoilers. If you do not want spoilers, please leave now!
This page is used to store information on newly-released dragons and on-going events that have incomplete data, to be used for article creation once the release or event is complete.
Currently Being Released
General Event Credits
Scroll Badges: Shajana
Event Icon: TCA
Event Banner: Shajana
Event Divider/Border Image: Shajana
Halloween Release Banner: TJ
|Event Divider Image|
|File:Halloween 2017 trophy.png
Tricks and Treats
Every five to fifteen minutes, a special trick or treat will appear on the next page. When clicked, a little pumpkin bucket will appear at the top of your scroll (if you didn't have one already from previous year's events), and you can click on it to see the tricks and treats you have collected. See here for more information.
If the pumpkin bucket was obtained in one of the previous Trick or Treat events, the new tricks and treats are placed in there together with the ones from previous years, separated by a spooky border with the newly caught sprites beneath it. If members couldn't participate in the event from previous years, they have the chance to get a pumpkin bucket badge by joining the new Trick or Treat event in 2016. Hovering your cursor over the badge gives a message saying "2010 Trick-or-Treat"; this is the standard message for everyone's badge regardless of the year obtained, as the site recycles 2010's pumpkin badge for each new year's event.
This year there are 50 tricks and treats to be collected in total:
As they appear in the pumpkin bucket
Artist Credits for Tricks and Treats
Halloween Trick or Treating
It’s time for trick-or-treating—only this time, you have an unexpected visitor...
Players are given the choice of 8 Halloween breed hatchlings, from which they will pick one to keep for the duration of the event. Once a hatchling has been selected, players are then able to dress up their hatchling, get candy or access the Store to buy new outfits (store unlocks on Day 2 of the event).
Special Note: Some issues have been found on-site regarding certain dress up outfits not showing for users. If this is happening to you, refreshing your browser's cache will fix this. On Windows, this is done by Ctrl + F5. Those on Mac will vary depending on the browser they use- with most, this can be found in the Settings menu.
In the Get Candy menu, players can send their hatchling to collect a piece of candy once every hour. When doing so, the player and a randomly-selected visitee will recieve one piece of candy; the dressed up hatchling of that visitee will then be visible on the player's Get Candy page, along with a tally of how many hatchlings they have seen. If a player is the visitee to another player, then a piece of candy from the interaction is automatically added to their account and the hatchling that visited is shown on their Get Candy page (which also updates the tally on how many hatchlings they have seen). Each dragon visible on the Get Candy page contains a link to the dressed up dragon's own page (which will also show the owner's scroll name), if the scroll owner has allowed their scroll to be publicly viewable.
In the Dress Up menu, players are able to access their inventory of items and then use them to dress their hatchling in different ways. Players can layer on multiple items that pertain a hatchling body part, and re-arrange how they display using the re-ordering menu below the inventory menu. By default, the Ghost outfit is available in the player's inventory when first starting. On Day 2, the Store page opened up, revealing a section where players can trade candy for new outfits. Each new day sees the release of a new outfit(s) both in the store and to the player's inventory:
- Day 2: Wizard robes were released, with players given a random version and the remaining 3 of green, black, red and blue available in the Store to buy.
- Day 3: Ballerina outfits were released, with players given a pink version, and black and white available in the Store to buy.
- Day 4: Pirate outfits were released, with players given red and navy versions, and a black available in the Store to buy. A Mummy outfit also became available in the Store to buy.
- Day 5: Knight outfits were released, with players given a silver version, and gold available in the Store to buy.
- Day 6: Fairy outfits were released, with players given a pink version, and lavender and yellow available in the Store to buy.
- Day 7: Fox Spirit outfits were released, with players given a blue version, and black and white available in the Store to buy.
- Outside your window the sunset bleeds over the horizon, and the moon begins to rise round and orange in the sky. The autumn breeze rattles what leaves remain on the trees and blows their fallen brethren about the cobbled street. You have just finished carving a pumpkin and are sitting back, admiring your apricot-hued piece de resistance. Rather than a spooky face you decided to be avant-garde this year and carved the shape of a pumpkin into your pumpkin. After only a few moments of intense self-satisfaction you are interrupted with a knock on your door. Trick or treaters already?
You grab your bowl of candy and cross to the door. Putting on a big smile you swing the door open, only to have your grin replaced by a look of shock. To your great surprise, a very large adult dragon is peering into your home.
‘Uh…hi! I…didn’t realize dragons celebrated Halloween. Can I offer you some, uh, candy?’
Dragons don’t often visit your town, though they aren’t uncommon in the surrounding area. Your guest is brown with a yellow and green crest—a Seasonal Dragon, if you remember correctly.
Suddenly you hear a voice in your head.
Halloween? Of course we do, where do you think humans got the idea? Oh, I’m sorry, I should introduce myself. I’m Grrrarghragh, your neighbor!
‘Neighbor?’ I didn’t think dragons went for town life.’
Oh yes. I’m just down the way, a few miles outside of town.
Dragons apparently have a different perspective when it comes to distances.
Anyway, I was wondering if I could ask a favor of you, as a neighbor. I offered to watch my friends’ hatchlings while they go to a costume party, and we were going trick or treating but there are just too many for me to keep track of by myself. Would you be willing to help me? Even if you could take just one with you, it would be a huge help…
The dragon trails off and gives you what you believe is a hopeful, ingratiating look. It’s just as well that you aren’t in the habit of saying no to gigantic reptilian creatures.
‘Well, sure, I could watch one I guess. Why not.’ You hadn’t been planning on going trick or treating this year, much less with a dragon, but how bad could it be? Maybe it would be fun!
The Seasonal steps back from your front door and sits on her haunches. You can now see a group of eight hatchlings are with her. They are watching you with great interest. Which one do you take with you?
Select a hatchling type to dress up. Choose wisely; you won’t get to change your mind later.
| ||TheCompleteAnimorph (All)|
|File:Halloween 2017 ghost items.png||TheCompleteAnimorph|
|Fiona BlueFire (All)|
TheCompleteAnimorph (Black & White outfits, All Headbands)
PieMaster (Shirts, Coats, Pants, Cutlass)
TheCompleteAnimorph (Lavender outfit, All Crowns)
- The Wizard costume's four color variations match the colors of the four houses in Hogwarts: red and gold for Gryffindor, green and silver for Slytherin, blue and bronze for Ravenclaw, and yellow and black for Hufflepuff.
- The 'default' base uses the face of, and head costume pieces for, Shadow Walkers.
- The parrots in the pirate costume are intended to be a Scarlet Macaw, a Blue and Gold Macaw, and a Military Macaw.
- The knight costume is loosely designed after the armor worn by Saber (King Arthur/Artoria) and Archer (Gilgamesh) from the Fate series.
- The fox spirit costume was based on Japanese kitsune masks and shrine maiden clothing. TCA was inspired to make it by this song.
New Halloween Dragon 2017
|Sprites||File:Halloween 2017 egg.png||File:Halloween 2017 hatchi.gif|
|Description||"This warm egg is tangled in the roots of a dead tree."||"Oh look, it’s a cute baby... dragon? It’s impossible to see much of its body through all the flames."|
|Artist(s)||Birdzgoboom, Process||Birdzgoboom, Process|
- TJ09 has secured 4 eggs with the following codes: "GltCH", "vortx", "cthlu" and "LvCft".
- Added here.
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
|File:Halloween 2017 egg.png|
To be added here.
Holiday Breeding & Re-Releases
Previous Halloween dragons are able to breed and produce Halloween eggs. Go to the Abandoned Page to catch some of the former Halloween eggs. The breeding period will start on October 25th and last for a week to November 1st.
For the first time on Dragon Cave, previous year's Halloween dragons are now available to be caught as Cave-Born eggs from their own unique biome. There are no scroll limits, however this biome will disappear at the end of the event. On the dragon's View page, their biome is listed as "Cave".
Articles for the following recent releases & events have already been created and can be found below.